Warhawk Tips - Capture the Flag
If you have any tips you would like to see added to the list please email email@example.com. Please include the name you would like to be credited with. = )
- Get Weapons!
- Always keep your route in mind/know your maps. If you go the wrong way
you are probably going to die.
- Use the stealth warhawk pickup to get back into their area unsceen and
use the knife when in close to stay out of sight.
- Have an exit vehicle in mind for after you have the flag. Otherwise you probably aren't gong to make it.
- A tank can be a great choice due to it's high defense and power.
While slow with a good team you can make it out
- A jeep can be a good choice when going solo if you can get out of
their base. It's speed is great, but if being shot by a warhawk, you may
want to swerve left and right.
- To survive while you have the flag have at least two teammates. They should be able to protect and maybe even provide a ride
- Mines are your best defense. Lay them in areas that are in the path,
but not easily seen.
- Snipers are good for defense as well, esp when watching the area
around the flag.
- Be aware of the binocular "green light". Run right away, as you
have, at most, 3 seconds to get out of there.
- Also be aware of the TOW missile. They make a distinctive sound when
- Fast incoming warhawks are a great way to quickly get into your base
or drop off cluster bombs.
- If your team has the other flag, make sure people are defending the
your flag carrier. The Warhawk works great for this.
- If your team has the other flag and he is being protected, continue to defend your flag. If the other team has your flag, you can't score.
TOW Missile Tactic
This is a very good strategy for capturing the flag!
What you need:
What to do:
- TOW missile + Invisibility Pickups
- 4 Teamates
- 1 in a Warhawk, 2 in a jeep near enemies base, 1 will serve as a kamikaze!
This is very simple actually. Once you have all the material listed tell one of your teamates to go grab the enemies flag. Tell him to get the flag and die close to their base. Once he dies, the Warhawk will zoom to their base (Invisible). Wait for when theres a number of guys around the flag and FIRE! At the same time the jeep will go towards the flag. Majority of the people should die and you will be able to nab the flag and drive off.
Now I know everyone won't die with the TOW missile explosion but it should get rid of quite a number of them. Plus it will get rid of all of their weapons they had so when the respawn, they will only have a pistol and 2 grenades.
The ultimate coordinated attack! The numbers below assume you are in a 32 player game.
- 3-5 Jeeps. Each having a gunner, its also good to have a passenger in one of them so he can quick grab the flag and go back in the jeep! This will make it easier because there will be a gunner to give covering fire and the driver will retrieve the passenger when he gets the flag!
- 2-4 Tanks (It is also good to have anyone with rocket launchers in them to get rid of those pesky Warhawks!)
- 2-3 Warhawks (The more the better! These make good mine-sweepers and can give valuable information about what's ahead as well as give you the best route to take.)
- Troops should also have at least a Rifle. Pistol is not a good choice, guys in tanks that aren't driving should always have a Rocket Launcher. People going for the flag should carry 6 grenades, Rifle and a Flamethrower.
- Leftovers should defend (Maybe 3-4 should defend)
The Fun Way
What you need:
What to do:
- 3 people (a lot better with split screen/better communication)
- One with a Warhawk (2 chaffs and 2 things of invisibility)
- One also with a Warhawk (needs a lot of ammo)
- One with the flag and a good arsenal of weapons (a rocket launcher, sniper rifle, binoculars)
Once the one person with the good arsenal of weapons has the flag you have the two Warhawks come in. The person with the flag will then jump onto the wing of the Warhawk (one with the two chaffs). He will then fly while in hover mode very slowly and towards your base. The other Warhawk with the good range of weapons will cover the flag from enemy Warhawks. If your the person with the flag, stay very still! Do not walk around!
If you end up getting attacked, you are basically screwed! The best thing to do is to lower the Warhawk so the person carrying the flag wont die. You should also use the Invisibility so no missiles can lock on. If your a mean person, you would go high in the air and do turbo That way the guy would die who is carrying the flag, therefore you can go get it. But don't be mean! Don't be afraid to jump off the Warhawk, you'd be surprised as to how far you can fall and survive.
If other team is using this strategy:
Well of course the easiest thing to do would to shoot a bunch of missiles at them, but lets have fun with them! If they are alone in the sky, have a little fun with them. For example:
Other Fun Stuff Relating to this:
- Bump into the Warhawk
- That way the guy with the flag will fall and if high enough, will die!
- You get another person on your Warhawk!
- You can have a little battle up there! The guy on your Warhawk should have a sniper for an easy/fun kill! The death-cam will then show who killed him. Imagine the look on his face!
Play Catch Heres how to do this:
- Get a Warhawk and have someone jump on it
- In hover mode, move up quickly then move done a little
- He should go up in the air, now you have to catch him
- Its fun if your high up or above water where as you miss, he dies
How high can you go?:
- Same criteria as above
- Go as high as you can, you will then stall.
- Its just a fun thing to do
Tips for Capture the Flag (During Baserapes)
Excellent post concerning strategies when faced with a CTF base rape situation, complete with maps.
for giving the CTF tactics!
for giving the CTF tips!